DAY 29: SKY BLUES AND FURY


COME ON YOU BLUES!!!

Yes, I have been to a football (aka 'soccer' for the aussies) match before.. however I have never been to an AUSTRALIAN football match, and I have never supported anyone other than BRADFORD CITY... (don't worry Dad, it's only temporary, I'm City till I die).

New experience number 29... Sydney FC vs North Queensland Fury




I wasn't expecting the highest of standards, mainly because Sydney FC haven't won a game in the last seven matches... and North Queensland Fury have only won one (but that was against Sydney FC!..)

That's a bit rich coming from a Bradford City supporter you might say.  Well City have won 3 out of their last 11 games I'll have you know.

Anyway, three pints and a one-all draw later, we realised 'soccer' in Australia is pretty much the same as soccer in England... complete with chants (OH WHEN SYDNEY GOES MARCHING IN....), blind referees and torrential rain.

You can only get a chicken tikka pie at Valley Parade though.

No comments:

Post a Comment