DAY 18: I'M GONNA EAT YOU LITTLE FISHY

DEEP-SEA FISHING... BIG TICK
Saturday's adventure was a half day fishing experience with 'All @ Sea Charters'http://www.allatsea.biz/

We made the epic journey to Cronulla (involving getting up at 4.45am, getting the train with loads of wrong un's still out from Friday night, and then having to sit on a broken down train for half an hour...) but the journey was well worth it when we got out on the open waves, on the search for FISH!


Our crew consisted of our lovely Skipper, Roland, our friendly expert fisherman, Craig and the other five fish hunters on our trip eager to be eating fish fingers for tea.



Blessed with a beautiful day, and plenty of fish to catch, we had a fantastic five hours of fishing after getting to grips with baiting and how to watch out for a bite (top tip from Craig - a little squid head and tentacles as bait... that's what snared me the beauty in the photo!).  We even had a bit of free dolphin watching thrown in!

Between the group we managed a leatherjacket, a few pikes, and loads of ginger ones... 'nannygai'.  In a Jaws like moment, we very nearly caught a shark, but he managed to escape near the surface luckily-I don't fancy having his shark brothers in search of revenge looking for me on Bondi this summer.

So me Mam's Whitby fishing blood has obviously made its way to me, now I've tried it I'm hooked!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment